Thread: Train Wreck
View Single Post
Old November 10th 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m
external usenet poster

Default Train Wreck

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 2:15:11 AM UTC-7, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification (Boy do I feel silly). My name is Kirk and I have signed my posts for years and many of the people here know who I am anyways and the subject has never come up. I have used K m for over a decade on one of my Google accounts because it holds a personal significance and (With the space and the lower case) it can not be mistaken for a contest number. There is no intent to imply any other identity.
In regards to the US team, other than financial support through donations to SSA, I don't have a horse in this race. I do however have friends who are past Team Members and I have head plenty of stories of good old boys and cronyism (Like an important decision being made, with bad results for the team, by someone who was not qualified to make such a call). And this is from people who are not prone to indulgence or drama. That is what initially attracted me to read about this team situation. Beyond this, I am possibly being mistaken for someone who cares. Also, I do not know any of the members involved well enough to form an opinion. For example, when referring to someone as "Mini Me", is that meant to be demeaning or sarcastic or what? Slander is another story of course but I figure trading barbs is between these two.
Lastly, in regards to conduct, I don't care and I figure it is up to SSA to decide what is acceptable (Unless it involves safety at contests of course).
Thanks again!