Old April 14th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

Default The Oudies Have Arrived

On Apr 14, 11:47*am, Richard wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:28*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

I just received my first batch of Naviter Oudies. *They are very nice!
There are many small software tweaks that make them easier to use. *For
example, when selecting the comm port (the default is the internal GPS) the
selection list includes text which clarifies how each port is used (COM 1:
Internal, COM 4: Serial, etc.).http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

All 30 of the units received today have already been sold, but many more are
on the way to me which should arrive next week. *They have not all been sold
yet.

The supplied serial cable works well with a 302 or GPS-NAV but has nuts on
the connector, so a straight through cable is required to connect it to a
GPS-NAV. *I have them in stock (see link below). *The nuts can be removed,
but then there is no simple way to secure it to the GPS-NAV. *I feel that it
is important that a secure connection is made because you wouldn't want it
to fall off in flight. *The 12V power leads must be powered for the cable to
work. *It supplies 5V power to the Oudie and also has a built-in RS-232
voltage level converter. *I recommend this cable for use with the Cambridge
GPS-NAV.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cai_prices.htm#HA-349

For the Cambridge 302 and other devices I recommend the Oudie-PS5a-1 cable
because they pass 5V power from the 302 to the Oudie. *The 302 seems to
provide enough power for the Oudie as long as the Oudie is fully charged or

Hi Richard,

Any opinion on the readability compared to the current crop of PNA'a
in direct sunlight?

Thanks,

Mike

nearly so.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm#Oudie-PS5a-1

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Craggy Aero, LLC has Oudies available & Wings & Wheels I believe also
have Oudies Available.

Craggy Aero provides no charge support. *Almost all the time ,
including evenings, weekends and holidays.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com