Old February 6th 21, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 7:08:13 AM UTC-8, Kenn Sebesta wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 11:26:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I 3D printed a CNC machine (search for MPCNC and you'll find it quicker than typing a link) that uses 3D printer hardware and circuit boards to move the router. Here's mine working...

https://youtu.be/Iyhvc_-HReQ

The table is made from hickory flooring left over from my remodel. The MPCNC is more than capable of cutting a panel in composite.

MPCNC is awesome. The LowRider (which is the one I built, https://forum.v1engineering.com/t/mo...m-1-25/23253/2) might be more appropriate for a instrument panel, depending on the dimensions. For those who haven't read about them yet, they're the same but the smaller MPCNC will hold tolerances better, while the LowRider can do full 8x4' panel cutting.

The cool thing about either is that you can swap out the metal tubes to change its size. So someone could make it big for a one-off, and then go back to desktop size.

Here is a video on how to build an MPCNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atw3e0nIrg

Here is another video on how to fix the problems in that MPCNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDnGvhdGFEY

Tom