Old April 19th 05, 05:22 AM
Kevin Christner

Ted,

You need to disable whatever software is locking up those comm
ports.... its probably a digital camera or PDA.

Kevin

Ted Wagner wrote:
I was familiar with how to check the properties of currently

connected
devices. My question was how to examine/reassign the com port

assignments
for the devices *besides* the one(s) I have currently connected.

For example, the properties page for my USB-serial adapter says it's
assigned to COM7 and all other ports (from COM1 to COM8) are taken by

various other devices. It's those various other devices I want to
manipulate, free up or reassign, so I can move my USB-serial adapter

from
COM7 to, say, COM2.

ted/2NO

"Ted Wagner" wrote in message
news:1113576898.f841eb51103e0acf8a52f6f971eb1bfb@t eranews...
Can anyone tell me how to tell Windows XP (SP2) to reassign devices

comm ports, or move assignments?

I'm using LX Nav's new version of LXe (posted yesterday) and I

cannot get
it to open the comm port my USB-Serial adapter uses, and LXe won't

let me
select one ...

Ted/2NO
Chandler, AZ