Old October 19th 05, 10:33 PM
Ross Richardson

Default Flying our Cardinal south for its new plumage - Long report

My wife went to the AOPA pinch hitter course several years ago. She said
there was not much to it. What I really liked was that right after we
married 35 years ago, that she went and soloed. That really gave her the
confidence to fly an airplane. However, she never went on to finish, but
she did solo, twice.

-------------
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Longworth wrote:
Chris G. wrote:

I called AOPA in February and they no longer offer the pinch-hitter
course at all.

Chris,
I did a quick web search and found quite a few of flight schools
offering the pinch hitter course. They may use the same syllabus and
material as AOPA. I'd think that any flight school would be happy to
offer such course. I'd think that a willing pinch hitter can learn
quite a bit by watching AOPA's DVD or follow the syllabus with a pilot
or instructor's help.

1. http://www.aopa.org/asf/store/#pinch

B1254A, Pinch-Hitter DVD and Manual - $29.95
D872A, Pinch-Hitter Pilot Training DVD - $23.45
M873A, Pinch-Hitter Pilot Training Manual - $6.50
M875A, Pinch-Hitter Instructor Guide - $2.50

Note: one can rent the video for $10 here
http://www.justplanevideos.com/catalog.htm

2. Teaching passensgers to fly

http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications...m?article=4375

3. http://www.tradewindsaviation.com/pinch-hitter.asp