Old May 21st 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

Default O$hko$h bye-bye

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
Sun'n Fun was definitely down this year. It is going to be an item of
interest just how many birds show at O$$hko$$h as well. The bang for the buck
is getting to be a serious item of discussion.

It is not just aviation. Due to inflation, I have been feeling decidedly
"unrich" lately. I am sure that I am not alone. I notice that the same
paycheck that felt moderately fat two or three years ago, now does not always
last the full two weeks until the next one arives. The government's published
inflation figures are pure bull$hit. I have little doubt that my effective
inflation is double digit, or nearly so.

All travel options are looking very expensive these days, so staying at home
is looking better and better.

I don't know if it is directly connected, but we are experiencing a growing
number of new subscribers at a rate that we can't account for. Maybe the
increase in fuel cost has people needing to at least read about flying?

That is very encouraging news indeed. Congratulations!

Vaughn