Old May 26th 11, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wladkummer76

Default Ventus bt handling

Just did the repair on my Ventus a. Indeed the ballast valve mechanism
will eventually fail. The repair is not that difficult, though, but
will need a 8x4" hole on the wing top skin near the root rib.

My "a" climbs with everything else, but since it has a neutral
stability you needs do feed constant controls inputs which makes the
flight a little more tiring than a Standard ship. Seems it like a
little more speed in thermals than current generation ships. My Ventus
sure outruns most current 15m ships out there. Did the Dick´s
recommendation and my ailerons are NOT heavy anymore. Be sure also to
remove the spring centering mechanism.

On May 25, 3:37*pm, YourNameHere wrote:
Great glider
Ailerons can be heavy only because of wing to aileron interference, but
can easily be relieved per Dick Johnson notes that are floating around.
Will climb with everything else, but takes a bit more attention to get
the best performance.
When loaded with water, use the landing flap setting when flying small
or choppy thermals.
Trailing edge airbrakes are very effective.
Replace the standard factory plastic tail wheel with a roller blade
wheel if not already done.
Make sure the water dump valve mechanism is in good shape as repairing
means cutting into the wing.

More than happy to answer any other questions. *I owned a BT for 3 years.

On 5/24/2011 5:44 PM, Jorge Antonio Blanco Montagut wrote:

Hi,

Yes, there are a lot of post about it, in fact, my brain is quite
messy with them, so ...

I´ve flown Twin Astir I and II, ASK-21, PW-5, Astir CS, Pegase and
LS-7 and now i would like to take a step forward buying a Ventus bt,
the problem is that i don´t know anybody who owns one and i would like
as much information as possible about its handling.

I know that its difficult to compare a LS-7 (a craft i love) with a
Ventus bt, but i have no other experience ...

The two point i´m most interested are its "hands off abilities" and
the dealing with weak days.

Thanks and happy landings :-)- Hide quoted text -