Old October 4th 03, 04:51 AM
rjciii

Jack Glendening wrote:

(Interestingly, I checked and found that the
correspondent had not taken the time/trouble to become a registered user
- yet he wanted me to take time/trouble on his behalf!)

Dear Dr. Jack:

I hate to "bother" you again, but I wanted you to know that I just
reviewed all the verbage at the beginning of your website. It says
"Registration is required for this viewer to work".

-Question: How the heck do you suppose I have been able to view the
maps all along if I wasn't a registered user?

-Answer: I had indeed registered at some point in the past but with a
former (but at that time current) email address of . Did
that possibility ever cross your mind? Should I re-register every
time I change my email address?

So you see, in actuality I did take the time/trouble. But thanks
anyhow for slamming me in a public forum.

What we have here is a failure to communicate (and some egregious
assumptions to boot)...

In fact, my only sin was to not expand my initial attempt to "do my
homework" by noticing the *more info* link after initially reviewing
the *parameter information webpage* link. My bad. I do hope you'll
forgive me my oversight.

Oh, the horror of horrors!

Sir, are there any other sitpulations to usage you wish to divulge for
one to access your data without fear of public admonishment?

As I stated before, I appreciate the efforts you expend to supply this
information to the soaring community; however, I'm not certain I can
handle all the baggage that comes with said use. But I promise I'll
really try harder to be a better student and "do my homework" before I
dare ask you a question (or anyone else on RAS for that matter) again.

Enjoy your retirement--you obviously need it.