Old May 26th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

When you think about it, though, a hangar could be more secure than a
typical home. Entry to a house can be attained with no further investment
than a stone through a window. The hangars at my airport have only a
single point of entry...no glass to smash, no patio doors to lift off
the track, not even wooden door jambs to splinter. Mind you, the
locking mechanism on the door isn't the greatest, but it at least
gives only ONE point the occupant has to upgrade to increase security.

My current hangar is a steel structure with sheet metal siding. Its
your typical T-hangar set-up, with internal walls (sheet metal again)
separating the individual units.

With a cordless drill and (maybe) some sheet metal snips I'm sure I
could be inside my hangar unit within 15 minutes just by removing
some sheet metal. Once I was inside a unit, I could work my way to
all the other units without anyone noticing. Who would suspect the
whine of a drill or a rattle of sheet metal around a hangar?

(uhh, to any black hats -- I am in the middle of a move and so
my hangar is empty at the moment)

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"