Old February 26th 04, 02:57 PM
Dennis O'Connor

It is things like that which pushed me into biting the bullet and owning a
hangar.. Yes, I know not all can do that and I feel privileged... And, I do
have to drive to another town to get to it - though the trip is worthwhile
when I listen to the groaning from renters over issues like rules, having to
add the airport to their insurance reducing their coverage, being told
who/what they can bring on the airport, etc...

The one advantage I hadn't suspected came when the FAA and the State
inspector came onto the field and started going through the county owned
rental hangars taking down tail numbers, peering into cockpits, copying down
information off the internal and exterior stickers, etc... My big door was
open and the cowlings were off, though I had gone to the Pep Boys for an
extra half inch wrench... I never seem ot have enough of those
The guvmint boys eyes lit up like christmas trees and they started to parade
three abreast into my hangar until the airport manager quietly said, 'that's
private property guys and he's a hard nosed sob', whereupon they spun on
their heels and scooted back onto airport property - not that they should
have found anything against regs, but ya never know...
denny

"Mike Adams" wrote in message
(Brett Justus) wrote:

If anyone has a copy of hangar rules that are reasonable, I would like
to get a copy if possible.