Old April 20th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Painting aluminum glider trailer

I have a 20+ year old trailer for my G102. Presently, its bare sheet
aluminum. I want to paint it white to reduce the amount of heat
absorbed by the trailer skin. A local autobody shop quoted me $1600.00
to cover with a polyurethene paint over an epoxy primer. This is far
more than I wanted to spend. Any suggestions on durable paints or
products that can be applied by a novice to sheet aluminum. I can rent
an airless sprayer if need be. Thanks.