Old November 17th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Another CAI 302 Maitenance question

On 11/17/19 10:17 AM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Hey T8 and maybe Dave Kinsell
I've removed my 302 from my plane for the winter.
I understand I have to power it up once in awhile to keep the GPS engine charged.
How often and for how long should I power it up?
TIA

I expect if it was powered for three hours three times over the winter,
that would be conservative. It's a tiny rechargeable battery you're
recharging, so it will eventually wear out even with frequent recharging.

I have more faith in the PF logger and use that, with the 302 left in
the panel just for the variometer. Last I checked, the date was still
correct.

-Dave