Old September 26th 04, 04:34 PM
Frank

Hope the SNB-5P made it. It was one of the planes we used for our photo
training hops in the 50s - with Navy and Marine APs as pilots.

Frank - 34 yrs USN

"Thomas A. Hoffer" wrote in message
I copied this article segment from a local Pensacola newspaper. Looks the
exhibits suffered no damage with minor damage to the building itself.
While
it mentions some damage to static aircraft displays outside, it sounds
like
nothing was totally destroyed. I'm curious if the "significant" damage to
some planes is fixable.

" The National Museum of Naval Aviation was almost unscathed by the storm.
Nichols said there were a few leaks in the roof, but the exhibits inside
were unharmed.

Some of the historic aircraft parked on the tarmac behind the museum were
damaged, however. The canopy of an A-6 was sheared off. A couple of wings
lay on the pavement and some planes, evidently blown off their moorings,
had
collided with other aircraft, causing significant damage."