Old February 7th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default King KX155 question

Flyers,

I have a Bendix-King KX155 which I use as my primary radio. Lately I have
major distortion only on certain frequencies. For example I frequently talk
to Atlantic City Approach on 134.25 and the reception is garbled. I have
limited data on some things since this is a new problem. But I *think*
switching radios does not always fix the problem. Sometimes it does and
sometimes it doesn't. I think they can hear me better then I can hear them.
It only seems to be frequencies above 130.xx. Lower frequencies are fine.
I assume I only have one antenna for both radios. Sorry for such scant
information. I will try and pin some of these variables down in the next
few days.

Any ideas?

Kobra