Old February 8th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default King KX155 question

In article ,
Kobra wrote:
Flyers,

I have a Bendix-King KX155 which I use as my primary radio. Lately I have
major distortion only on certain frequencies. For example I frequently talk
to Atlantic City Approach on 134.25 and the reception is garbled. I have
limited data on some things since this is a new problem. But I *think*
switching radios does not always fix the problem. Sometimes it does and
sometimes it doesn't. I think they can hear me better then I can hear them.
It only seems to be frequencies above 130.xx. Lower frequencies are fine.
I assume I only have one antenna for both radios. Sorry for such scant
information. I will try and pin some of these variables down in the next
few days.

Any ideas?

Kobra

Antenna or Coax. Your avionics shop should be able to test that very quickly.

--
Steve Rubin / AE6CH / http://www.altdb.net/
Email: / N6441C / http://www.tch.org/~ser/