Old February 8th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default King KX155 question

Kobra wrote:
: Flyers,

: I have a Bendix-King KX155 which I use as my primary radio. Lately I have
: major distortion only on certain frequencies. For example I frequently talk
: to Atlantic City Approach on 134.25 and the reception is garbled. I have
: limited data on some things since this is a new problem. But I *think*
: switching radios does not always fix the problem. Sometimes it does and
: sometimes it doesn't. I think they can hear me better then I can hear them.
: It only seems to be frequencies above 130.xx. Lower frequencies are fine.
: I assume I only have one antenna for both radios. Sorry for such scant
: information. I will try and pin some of these variables down in the next
: few days.

I had a similafr problem with my #1 KX155. Bad disgtortion on PVD approach,
135.4, OK on other lower freqs. Turned out to be a bad connection to the
whip-style antenna.
--
Aaron C.