Old September 15th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default USA: East coast port for import from Europe?

On Sep 14, 1:23 pm, Tuno wrote:
Is there one in Philadelphia, and if not, what's the closest option?

-tuno

I live in Delaware and have picked up Gliders at both Baltimore and
Delaware ports.

Baltimore is a little further away, but they have processed a lot of
gliders over the years and the agent I used had a clerk that was very
familiar with the process. The process went very quickly and was
inexpensive.

The Delaware port was only 15 minutes from my house, but the process
took longer and the fees seemed much higher.

Others experience may differ .... If I had a choice, I personally
would use Baltimore ...

KiloKilo