Old December 15th 17, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default IMI versus MM Fab Riggers

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 5:48:23 PM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 9:33:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Looking for a rigger to use on ASW 20. Have seen both brands in common use.
The IMI seems to cost less.
Would be interested in discussion of pros and cons of the two different makes.

I've owned Udo, Cobra, and lately IMI riggers. Also used several others.
IMI is the best I've used:
- Constructed with large aluminum square tubes - string and light
- Nice big pneumatic wells roll easy over soft ground
- Beautifully made.
With a string gauge (not shown in video) I solo assemble my ArcusM quickly
and easily. I modified a non-electric unit to electric; probably you've seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEUQLSgUpoY

No more strained back!
Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave

Took a couple more days than planned, but an update:
The IMI electric rigger is excellent.
Jim