Old July 4th 16, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default flight sotware for iphone?

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 12:26:47 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:
On Sunday, 3 July 2016 17:22:14 UTC+3, jfitch wrote:

There are 3 good reasons not to choose Oudie2:

1) Only runs SYM software
2) Only runs SYM software
3) Only runs SYM software

What are main reasons against SYM? I tried to learn to use XCSoar but gave up.

There is nothing wrong with SYM that a total re-write of the UI couldn't fix. iGlide for example is several *decades* ahead in Ui design. All that I have tried have adequate functionality, accessing it is the problem. I admit this is to some extent personal preference, but there is some consensus in the man-machine interface field.

I would rate the ones I own this way in descending UI desirability:

iGlide
Winpilot iOS
Winpilot PDA
XCSoar