Old October 24th 05, 05:22 AM
skym

Default Keefe's Sectional Atlases

I recently flew a two week crosscountry from Montana to the Carolinas
and return, with numerous stops and diversions along the way. I bought
the Keefe East/West VFR sectional atlases for the trip to compare them
against the single sectional method that I had used before. Although
the cost for my trip with the atlases vs individual sectionals was
marginally higher, the prospect of having a complete set of US
sectionals was enticing, and I wanted to try it out.
My experience was that I found the Okeefe atlases to be much more
difficult to use. The alignment of the charts from page to page was
not easy to use, and was downright confusing sometimes. I really like
the Okeefe idea, so I hate to trash them, but I am thinking of going
back to regular sectionals from here on. Any comments or other
experiences? BTW, I find the Okeefe WACs atlas to be great.
Also the Okeefe IFR enroute book is good.