Old September 2nd 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow

Default G1000 vs Steam guages initial thoughts...

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
You'd need ARNIC or remote AI and HSI, either mechanical or
electronic, that appears to be a cabin class piece of
equipment.

(Is that two sentences there?)

Not at all. Compare this AHRS to the ones that do, in fact, typically go
into cabin class/turbine stuff.

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
| The solid state gyros are the best thing IMHO, the
weakness
| in the small GA airplanes is the poor sensitivity and
| accuracy of the gyros and the small size of the
displays.

| Something like this might be more better!
| http://www.xbow.com/Products/product...ls.aspx?sid=59
|
| Too quick on the SEND button
|
| I was wondering if these could replace the mechanical
gyros even if you're