Old March 6th 05, 03:29 PM
BTIZ

...and came up blank! I found that I was no longer in the FAA's list of
active pilots, and I hadn't requested to be removed.

Why? Well, it took a while to figure it out, but my doctor had failed to
mail in his portion of the three-part medical form to Oklahoma City.
Sure, I had the paper in my wallet, but the FAA knew nothing about it.

Interesting.. I have found many ratings for people on the FAA Data base with
medicals last issued in the 1970s and 1980s,... also.. how do you account
for all those pilots with valid ratings who do not hold a medical... glider
pilots or CFIs who do not act as PIC do not require a current medical.

I use http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp

BT