Old December 9th 10, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default New Transponder for us

On 12/8/2010 4:51 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
However that does
*not* get close to explaining the apparent high power consumption
(1.1 Amp!!) of this Mode C transponder vs. the Trig Mode S
transponder.

According to the brochure I downloaded, the remote version of the unit
only requires 200 ma, instead of 500 (still at 28 volts). That's still
pretty high for a version without the encoder, but it makes me wonder
where the 300 ma is going.

Someone could call the company to find out, but really, I see little
value in it when the Trig is so good. If you want to save some money,
offer to buy a used Becker for, say, $1000-$1200, and get one from
someone that's thinking of upgrading to a Trig.

email me)