Old August 16th 04, 09:30 PM
Corky Scott

On 16 Aug 2004 12:42:34 -0700,
(Greg Reid) wrote:

I'm quite interested in it myself. All of the stuff that Paul says
about it makes good sense to me. (So why has this idea taken so
long?)

Greg Reid

I really wonder if the planform for that prop was dictated by the
relatively high cruise speed of the Lancair 235 it's pulling through
the air. It's only 63" in diameter, which is fine for the Lancair 235
and it's 230+ mph cruise speed, but my prop wuffs along at 2000 or so
rpm at what I'm optimistically predicting will be 130 mph.

I suspect that the larger, heavier Christavia Mk4, with it's STOL wing
and not so fast cruise speed, along with the slower turning but larger
diameter prop would make for a very different looking planform.

Corky Scott