Old March 15th 04, 03:19 PM
303pilot

No recommendations on What to read, but I've got one on How--
Install Microsoft Reader and AvantGo on your handheld.
AvantGo lets you get copies of lots of newspapers and magazines on your
handheld.
With MS Reader and the files on the Gutenburg Project (kind of a KaZaa for
people who read), you can put just about any classic book on your handheld.

When I land out, I've got:
BBC News
Reuters
Cato Daily Commentary
Alternet.org
Financial Times
NY Times
Washington Post
....all from AvantGo. And from Project Gutenburg & MS Reader I've got:
The Importance of Being Earnest - Wilde
The Law - Bastiat
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Twain
No Treason - Spooner

No need to carry anything that you're not already carrying.

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
Folks,

After spending many hours waiting for a retrieve after
land-outs and waiting on a grid for a couple or more
hours each day at last year's Region Six race, I realized
it would be really great to have a book on board.

So, what books should I put on my reading list. A
small, paperback book that can be easily stuffed into
the glider would be the ticket.

While glider related books would be on top of the list,
what else do you think would be great reading material
while sitting in a field with nobody but crows looking
(and laughing) at you?

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA