Old March 11th 16, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill[_3_]

Default Information for all users of Flarm, OEM FLARM supplier and FlarmPowerFlarm

On 11/03/2016 11:19, Surge wrote:
On Friday, 11 March 2016 12:53:11 UTC+2, Nick Hill wrote:
The default for RANGE if you
don't set it is 3Km for Classic Flarm. This limits the range of any
target on external displays.

I don't see 3km mentioned in that FLARM specification.
It specifies that the default horizontal range is 25500 meters for classic FLARM and 65535 meters for PowerFLARM.
Default vertical range is 500 meters for all FLARM device types.

The've updated it! I had version 1.02 on my PC whch is what I looked at
but sent the link to the website one which is v 1.03.

Should have read the version control on page one which says in V1.03
"Changed Classic FLARM default range"

Worth checking that the IGC file reflects the RANGE value as in the doc.

--

Nick Hill