Old October 16th 17, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness?

I have converted my Ventus from drum brake to disc brake. I had to chose between Béringer and the relatively new Tost Penta, and I took the latter:
- I'd rather not have a tubeless
- the Béringer kit is about 30% more expensive than the Penta kit
- I talked to S-H, and they rather install Penta than Béringer.

The Penta is about 50 grams more than the original drum braked wheel. Braking action is very good.