Old December 17th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA Membership Growing

wrote in message
oups.com...
Of those 1430 glider ratings, how many are actually getting used?

I read somewhere there are something like 60,000 glider ratings in the
US, but I'd bet 75% of them are dormant.

Or dead. How would the FAA know? When do they take anyone out of the
database? Ever?

I'm still in the database:

Address
Address is not available

Medical Class : Third Medical Date: 02/1979
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.

DOI : 01/14/1975
CertIficate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

I probably haven't logged any time since 1980 or so, no bi-annuals, and
never sent them a change of address either (1979 would be about 3 addresses
out of date)...

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com