Old November 2nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Real Life (in IMC) IFR training

wrote:
I am looking for a flight training school , which provides IFR
training in actaul IMC condition on a series of cross country flight .
I am a IFR rated private pilot with about 8 -10 hours of real IMC
flying and I would like to build my confidence by flying with a
trained and experienced pilot.
Please let me know if you are aware of any schools or group that will
provide such a real life IFR training.
I live in Mid west area .
Any help would we appreciated.

I fly for Angel Flight, and I've had pilots ride along as copilot for
this purpose. Call Angel Flight and ask. While you're at it, volunteer.
Your pilot may or may not be an instructor, but is likely experienced in
IMC and IFR procedures. You may or may not get any time manipulating the
controls, but observation time is helpful, too.

Dave