Old November 3rd 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Default Real Life (in IMC) IFR training

Find a CFII who is also an experienced charter or freight
pilot if you want to get the best training in how to read
the weather, use the system and get the most out of your
airplane.

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Most instructors would jump at the chance of flying in IMC
because they
| can log it as instrument time, and also count it towards
their IFR
| currency.
|
| I think any flight school should be able to work with you
on this. Ask
| them you give you a call when they have a cancellation due
to weather
| with a VFR student. I doubt anyone would say no to this
offer.
| But you have to remember that IMC weather is not always
predictable,
| and you can't schedule these flights in advance. Also, not
all IMC is
| flyable. As we approach winter, you have to watch out for
icing.

| wrote:
| I am looking for a flight training school , which
provides IFR
| training in actaul IMC condition on a series of cross
country flight .
| I am a IFR rated private pilot with about 8 -10 hours of
real IMC
| flying and I would like to build my confidence by flying
with a
| trained and experienced pilot.
| Please let me know if you are aware of any schools or
group that will