Old July 28th 03, 03:06 AM
Robert Perkins

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:53:08 -0400, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Judah wrote:

In both cases, the way it was described to me was that it was expected that
ALL charges and fees were "property" of the owner, not the FBO. That
included mortgage, insurance, maintenance, AND consumables.

The agreement with which I was familiar was that the owner was responsible
for the loan and insurance, but the FBO paid for the maintenance and
consumables.

That's the kind of thing that would make it make sense to me, since
there is, it seems, considerable risk on the maintenance end of
things, unless there's a pile of money somewhere to cover the worst
case. And in my case, there isn't.

It's obviously more expensive than just renting airplanes, but again
the point would be in part to keep an airplane on *that* ramp at
*that* flight school, rather than seeing the airplane go elsewhere,
since I'd have a vested interest in family and friends getting flight
instruction there.

Rob