Old February 18th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Arcus Maiden Voyage in the US

Hi Barry,

Congratulations! It sure is a lovely ship!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"Barry" wrote in message
We had the pleasure to take the Arcus on its maiden voyage in the US
this last weekend in Immokalee, FL. We made 6 flight for about 6
hours. What a dream ship. You would swear it was a singleplace 15m or
18m. Aileron control and roll rate were great. Even though this ship
just flat out goes I think the most remarkable thing was the way it
thermals. You feel like you are on rails. Very little rudder is
required and speeds stayed constant. It didn’t feel like you had a 20m
wing. Landing and takeoffs were easy. The cockpit is really quiet even
at 100knots. Schempp-Hirth has really changed the 20m two seat market.

Barry (ARC)