Old September 12th 03, 08:12 PM
Vince Brannigan

Ed Rasimus wrote:
Cub Driver wrote:

what are we fighting for i dont give a damn cause george bush sent us to

die in vietnam

Isn't that amazing? A product of which demented school system? He
can't spell, can't punctuate, and thinks George Bush was prezdint
during the Vietnam War!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

And, doesn't quote the song correctly either.

"And it's one, two, three, what are we fightin' for?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn.
Next stop is Vietnam.
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates.
Well, there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopie! We're all gonna die!"

Also it seems our incendiary Aussie friend can't tell the difference
between ten years of war and five months; can't tell the difference
between 58,000 dead and less than 200; can't tell the difference
between an occupied country and an ongoing Communist insurgency.

However, given that the Song was released in 1965 Country Joe McDonald
certainly qualifies as a brilliant political/military analyst. As just
one example even by the end of 1965 we had lost only 528 Marines in
vietnam. The final total was over 14,000
http://www.marzone.com/7thMarines/usmc_cas_stats.pdf

Vince

How many dead had we accumulated in 1965?