Old January 26th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default My New Weapon

Gezellig wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:33:41 -0600, Jim Logajan wrote:
Past postings by you and $$gwx18quhxz9-wu_g$qv3bkmank clearly
indicated neither of you would be detered by changes to the
followup-to header.

How many times do you want me to admit it?

My apologies. Once should have been enough - so I should have been more
gentle in my reply, but in my defense I'd say I was still irritated that
you couldn't see what seemed obvious to me. But I've been reading Usenet
for over 20 years, so may have acquired a tiny extra insight that makes
me check headers. I've also written Usenet moderation software which
perhaps provids me with a little extra insight into how to interpret
them.

Anyway, thanks for helping to kick r.a.p while it's down and dying.

I'm sure you think by setting headers so replies fly out into nowhere,
leaving your posts as if you have the last word, I'm sure you believe
that "helps" r.a.p.

Again, I apologize, since it appears I made an incorrect assumption about
the intent of your followups to x-privat.org user

To be clear, my intent to reset the followup-to header was not to "get
the last word" since I hope my posting history indicates I make only
enough posts to make my meaning clear and allow others to get the "last
word," if they so choose. I simply assumed you and/or "$$gwx18quhxz9-wu_g
$qv3bkmank" were both playing at the same game and deserved to work a
little extra in any replies you made.

I don't.

I'm also sure when Mark(ie) came roaring into r.ap. spouting all kinds
of BS even though he isn't certificated, now lies that he is, that was
way kewl too.

You know, Jim, I'm from the school of thought that when people respond
to trolls like Mark, MxManiac, Bunyip, etc etc, who don't pilot,
people who might read that dribble.,..

But the person who posted as "Bertie" _is_ a pilot.
Mxsmanic originally never claimed to be a pilot (though he's posted
deliberately ambiguous messages that, by context, imply otherwise.)
I have no information on "Mark" other than he's been targeted for reasons
unknown to me by "$$gwx18quhxz9-wu_g$qv3bkmank".

*get killed*

Seems unlikely.

Oh, btw, although I appreciate your input it would have had much more
influence if *you* hadn't stuck the inital 1,000 or so daggers in
r.a.p by infighting and responding to Mx, Berie, Maxwell and on and on
ad on.

I'd be surprised if I had any influence!

I was following r.a.p back when all three of the people you mentioned
actually peacefully (relatively speaking) co-existed for awhile. None
appeared to start out as "trolls" (to this group anyway.) But in one of
Mxsmanic's posts that asked an aviation-related question, Bertie was one
of those who provided an informed and civil reply (I'd have to search
Google's archive to locate that thread if you don't believe me.)

Things went south between Mx and a lot of others when Mx tossed out a
sweeping insult of pilots on r.a.p, since he got a couple answers that
appeared to be contradictory. Like a lot of online posters, he was unable
to find the courage to post an apology.

Something similar happened with respect to "Maxwell."

I think people change only slowly and it's a good idea to learn self-
control in social interactions, so if anyone wants to discuss aviation
I'm not one to hold long grudges. And I'm not one to hold them to placate
the grudges of others.

If you think I have some failing because of that tendency, I'd suggest
that _perhaps_ you aren't living up to the meaning of the Dutch word you
appear to be using as your handle.