Old July 22nd 14, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default New Contest Pilots

Lou -

"Low performance" is not an official class, so you might not find it listed much (if at all) on any sanctioned events. Still, I encourage you to give Sports Class a try - with over 30:1 you should be able to complete the tasks and your handicap should be pretty favorable. There is also a "World Class" or "13.5M Class" tailored specifically to short-winged ships like yours and the Russia AC-4 (which I used to own) - keep an eye out for that class when looking at contest listings.

Good luck, and I hope to meet you at a contest sometime!

--Noel