Old June 9th 04, 02:12 PM
Kevin Brooks

"JD" wrote in message
om...
rec.aviation.military added.
"Brash" wrote in message

u...
They should lease 24 F-15E's until JSF come on-line.

JSF = F-35?

The Air Force should lease F-16Es (http://tinyurl.com/2vdm7) as a
replacement for the F/A-18 until the F-35 is ready for production,
which may take a decade longer than anticipated based on the F-22
experience.

How many Block 60's have you seen offered for "lease"? The only lease deal
for F-16's that I know of is the Italian one, for refurbished old F-16 ADF
variants.

To replace the capability of the F-111, simply lease F-15Ts, which is
a vastly more capable long range strike aircraft than the F-35 anyway.

Again, how many F-15's of *any* type, much less the Tango, have been leased,
or offered for lease?

Any concerns over range are immediately dispelled now that we are
getting refuelling capability.

These aircraft are proven, modern and cheaper.

An F-15T is cheaper than what the F-35 is supposed to cost?

As always, we won't get the best, most cost effective solution as ego
and politics intervene.

But you may get a more realistic one than the lease of late model variants
that are the least likely to be offered on lease.

Brooks

A really good analysis of the JSF is located at
http://tinyurl.com/yvxkn