Old June 10th 04, 03:19 AM
JD

DC wrote in message .au...
JD said the following on 9/06/2004 9:47 AM:
JSF = F-35?

The Air Force should lease F-16Es (http://tinyurl.com/2vdm7) as a
replacement for the F/A-18 until the F-35 is ready for production,
which may take a decade longer than anticipated based on the F-22
experience.

The RAAF originally selected the F/A-18 over the F16. I don't see
them acquiring any F16s.

Did that have something to do with HMAS Melbourne, or is that a furphy?

To replace the capability of the F-111, simply lease F-15Ts, which is
a vastly more capable long range strike aircraft than the F-35 anyway.

Any concerns over range are immediately dispelled now that we are
getting refuelling capability.

These aircraft are proven, modern and cheaper.

The Mustang was proven, modern and cheaper at the end of WWII but it
was still outclassed by the latest jet technology.

False analogy.