Old November 5th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Flying Club software?

In a previous article, "Medic" said:
I'm doing some research into the software flying clubs use for logging
flights and aircraft usage.

Am really interested in understanding what software clubs are using and
what features are important?

I assume that at some basic level clubs record the flight time, engine
on time and other factors?

Any help/insights greatly appreciated.

The Rochester Flying Club http://www.rochesterflyingclub.com/ uses
ScheduleMaster for booking. We don't use software for logging flights,
just paper tach slips. You can see our tach procedure at
http://www.rochesterflyingclub.com/tach.pdf. A club volunteer collects
the tach slips every month and enters them into Quickbooks for billing and
Quickbooks generates the bills and emails them out.

Each airplane has a maintenance coordinator (volunteer) who watches the
tach numbers for that plane to see if it is getting to be time for oil
changes and schedules annuals and takes care of squawks and the like.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Did you know that "Gullible" is not in the dictionary?