Old November 5th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default Flying Club software?

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:23:03 +0000, Paul Tomblin wrote:

The Rochester Flying Club http://www.rochesterflyingclub.com/ uses
ScheduleMaster for booking. We don't use software for logging flights,
just paper tach slips. You can see our tach procedure at
http://www.rochesterflyingclub.com/tach.pdf. A club volunteer collects
the tach slips every month and enters them into Quickbooks for billing and
Quickbooks generates the bills and emails them out.

My partnership http://flyingclub.org/ also uses schedule master, but we
use the flight logging capability too. This information is imported into
Quickbooks, and this is apparently a very simple process (I've not done
that myself).

Each airplane has a maintenance coordinator (volunteer) who watches the
tach numbers for that plane to see if it is getting to be time for oil
changes and schedules annuals and takes care of squawks and the like.

Since we use the flight logging in SM, and the MX scheduling capability,
SM itself notifies the MX staff when periodic MX is required. MX can be
scheduled by calendar or tach hour. The amount of warning provided can be
customized on a per-MX-task basis.

I cannot compare it to other packages, not being familiar with them. But
SM does a very nice job of helping our partnership run. We've also asked
for the odd customization occasionally, and they've been very
accommodating.

- Andrew