Old December 3rd 03, 12:04 PM
Adrian

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 03:09:10 +0000, ess (phil
hunt) wrote:

item: In October, a Chinese official report called for greater trade
with the EU, and for the EU's arms embrago against China to be
lifted.

item: German foreign minister Gerhard Schroder recently visited
China and said arms embrago should be lifted.

item: a spokesman for EADS (large European arms manufacturer, which
is one of the main partners in Eurofighter) recently called for the
embargo to end.

Any speculation as to what weapons China wants to buy? I think the
Eurofighter. Also on the shopping list might be ASRAAM, Meteor and
ASTER anti-aircraft missiles.

There's a more detailed discussion of this on my blog at:
http://www.cabalamat.org/weblog/art_97.html

In my opinion selling them top of the line stuff is the height of
stupidity. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what the
situation is going to be with China and the West in ten to fifteen
years.

Please explain. I see no conflict coming.

Adrian Edmonds