Old June 26th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Unpaved Landing areas

On Jun 26, 1:22*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:

How often do you get to land or take off from something other than a
paved runway?

All the time!

Okay, there is a catch - I'm just a student pilot whose tiny number of
flights so far have been in a glider taking off and landing on an 1800 foot
grass runway. ;-)

Well, there you are. Every landing is a dead stick! When I watched
the first shuttle landing aty Edwards AFB I made an outloud
comment...."Wowww there is the ultimate deadstick landing..."
I'll wait to hear your comments the first time you land on a paved
runway. Gliders are nearly the ultimate for flying and I hope you
stick with them. What great fun