Old November 10th 03, 09:14 PM
David Megginson

"Tom S." writes:

Nope, he's recommending 40 LOP or even more lean than that. After peak,
CHT's AND EGT drop.

Read the article again (closely, as you mentioned) and read the four part
series. Hell, read his entire series of engine management articles (in the
sidebar).

I've read them all several times -- they're great. When I wrote "he
recommends not leaning to 50 degF ROP", I meant that he recommends
leaning more, not less. I think that the thread became confused, and
that you and I each ended up thinking that the other was arguing
against LOP operations rather than of in favour of them.

All the best,

David