Old September 15th 04, 02:27 PM
Dave Butler

Marty Ross wrote:
I'm considering joining a flying club this week. This one's the closest
club to where I live, the members, the planes, and the online scheduling
system seem to be great, and I think I'm ready to make the commitment (e.g.,
buy a share in the fleet).

Enjoyed reading all the responses to this, and I think mostly they are on the mark.

I'd add that based on my experience in two different clubs, the scheduling rules
about number of weekend overnights, etc. are pretty restrictive on the books,
but the actual enforcement of those rules is flexible. I've just pointed out
that I wanted to schedule a plane at a time that was beyond my quota, and asked
for special permission. It's never been refused. It seems the rules are there to
protect the club if they want to enforce them, but in individual cases they will
bend the rules in the best interest of all concerned.

Dave