Old June 7th 05, 05:26 PM
Frank Stutzman

In rec.aviation.owning Mike Rapoport wrote:

There are many tens of thousands of 430s and 530 installed and upgrading
them represents a lot of revenue for Garmin, so I doubt that they are just
sitting on their hands.

But at the $1500 price that Garmin has publically committed to is it that
big of a revenue stream for them? I mean its not chump change for some of
us, but considering what needs to happen to a 430 for this to work (new
software, new processor, new re-certification(?), the overhead of a whole
upgrade program), I'm surpised that Garmin can even break even at that
price.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"