Old May 25th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default Kennedy gets his own TFR

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message ...
I agree. Like him or not, (and I can't stand the guy believe me ) his "position" in the government warrants
protection. It's a sad testimony to aviation if some of those who fly can't make this simple distinction.
We live in difficult times. When and if we reach the point where both sides of a political equation start wishing each
other harm and deride a Senator's (ANY Senator's) right to personal protection, we have reached a point fraught with
danger for the country.

--
Dudley Henriques

Absolutely no need to provide 'special' protections. I just watched Carl Levin (senator, MI) walking down a parade route
the other day, just walking along waving to everyone. No visible 'special' security anywhere, and no TFR for sure.