Old January 18th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default contrails

Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Dec 23 2009, 7:10 pm, Bruce Hoult wrote:

This is even before you get into the discovery that you can feed
totally random data into Mann's program and it still produces a
"hockey stick".

Bruce, the "hockey stick" is not dependent on Dr. Mann or his program
(I'm not sure what program you are talking about, but it doesn't
matter). Dr. Mann was the first develop it, but others have corroborated
his work using different methods. A decent explanation:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm

If you want to delve into it more than that, search for "hockey stick"
on the same site.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA