Old May 27th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_35_]

Default FS Sage vario, Security chute

On 27 May, 01:07, Tuno wrote:
Bruno if you do a search on "gust filter" in this group you'll get a
number of good hits on the subject.

I had to add a gust filter to my Sage (when I had one) and it was much
happier afterward!

2NO

The Sage manual (on their web site) says:

"When using the Sage variometer with a total energy probe, place one
or more of the enclosed pneumatic restrictors in series between the
static port on the variometer (marked "S", see #10) and the total
energy probe. This is to reduce the jumpiness caused by the noisy
signal generated by the total energy probe. "

Sage supplied two restrictors with each one I have, it is a very good
idea to fit one or both as the manual says! It might be easier to ask
Sage for a couple rather than cutting up tins or cigarette butts....

Fabulous varios and even with 3 batteries and solar cells these days I
like to have a pneumatic backup. My CV is about 20 years old and is
still the best there is - I have got through four flight computers in
that time. My CVA did have a problem, Sage said send it to them and
they would make it well again. Just got it back with a full service
and recalibration and a whole new updated glass fitting system - and
no charge. That's service!