Old July 14th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default FAA Medical Question

On Jul 14, 1:23 pm, T182T wrote:

Question for those who really know - What’s the best thing for me to do?

As others indicated, contact AOPA for an authoritive answer.

My UNauthoritive answer AFTER I looked at the AOPA online medical
form.

The question reads:

17a. Do You Currently Use Any Medication (Prescription or
NonPrescription)?

No Yes If yes, in the space below, list medications used and
check appropriate box indicating whether or not it was previously
reported.

18. Medical History

Down to H under 18

18. Medical History

HAVE YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH, HAD, OR DO YOU
PRESENTLY HAVE any of the following? In the EXPLANATIONS box, you may
note "PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, NO CHANGE" only if the explanation of the
condition was reported on a previous application for an airman medical
certificate and there has been no change in your condition. See
Instructions Page.

h. Yes No High or low blood pressure

Just answer yes and move on putting in the explanation (H) high blood
pressure. Nothing is asked about a start date of your treatment. My
high BP was discovered during an exam and it was no big deal once I
complied with what the FAA needed. (BP was 220 / 170). I saw a
cardiologist, had a nuclear stress test and moved on once my BP came
down to human levels with Diovan. There is nothing to say your
condition wasn't discovered between your last medical and your current
one or any questions with regards to onset..

AGAIN as others indicated, check with AOPA for an authoritive answer
and consider my post an opinion of one.