Old November 26th 03, 03:22 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:31:02 +0100, Thomas Borchert wrote:

Uh, yes? Look at what state the world is in because of people believing
in God, Allah and Buddha. Seems to me it's pretty important how we deal
with these myths.

Out of curiosity, what has Budda done to hurt the world? Starvation? I
don't remember off the top of my head bad things from that belief system.

I think you're missing the point that it's not religion that's caused
trouble by itself, look at what Hitler managed all by himself. Check out
Cambodia, lots of bad things have happened to the world without religion
being the fault, so your theory that the world is in the shape it's in now
due to religion does not ring completely true.

I'm a believer in humanity doing it's best to kill itself off with
whatever means they can. It's the selfish that will lead the way, those
who want it because I'm stronger, the strong will attack the weak and take
it from them.

Look at a baby. A baby does not know religion right? Yet a baby will
fight another baby for a toy that the other one takes away, could you
imagine adults behaving that way, only now they have guns, tanks, bombs
and will use them to take what they want. There is no way the human race
is where it is due to religion, it's there because of how humanity is from
birth to death. In between we hope to learn manners, but not all do.