Old July 12th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ridge

Default Helpful controller

I'm flying along VFR this morning happily tracking south on a radial towards
LDN.

Departure calls and tells me it's OK to begin my turn west to LDN.

That makes me wonder why he thinks LDN is to my west.

A quick check of my NAV frequency gives me the answer, I have it tuned to
CSN not LDN.

Boy do I feel like a knucklehead rookie.

I switched to the LDN freq. and thanked the controller for his help.

I like it when they try to ask the question in a way that doesn't cause too
much embarrassment.

Thanks!